This day couldn't get any worse. It all started last night at about midnight when we noticed Brady's face swollen...again. He must have gotten bit or stung by something because he was having an allergic reaction. I had to stay up with him all night and give him Benedryl every 3 hours and make sure that he was still breathing. I had to call in to work and tell them that I had to call in sick so I could take my dog to the vet, well they wanted me to come in after the vet, so I said okay. I went to the vet and dropped off the dogs. When I got to work, I got yelled at for not being there at a specific time. I was told just to get there as soon as I could after the vet. So I stood up for myself. Then the charge nurse called someone else in to replace me. I was already there to work and wanted to work! Oh well, so I stayed and helped out and then went to pick up the dogs. Well, we recently got sod and it needs to be watered often. So I started watering it the amount that I was supposed to. However, the ground was so hard that the water began to flood and flooded into our window well and began to flood the basement....again! So I put buckets under the window where the water was running in (each filled half way full!) and I soaked up the rest with towels. Having somewhat saved the basement, I went outside into the window well. Water was up to my ankles with gross water, wood chips, grass, mud, garbage and filth...AND two large frogs. Yeah, living in our window well. I couldn't catch them because it was too dark. So we will have to do it tomorrow. So I called the sod guy to yell at him, but he ended up yelling at me. Kind of awkward and embarrassing. Then Spencer tried to put the window well grate back on, it nearly went clean through the window and he cut his arm saving it from doing so. Needless to say we've had a bad day all around. We will sleep well.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
i hope the sod situation is better. i'm so glad you two started a blog!!!
Post a Comment