Monday, September 24, 2007

Homecoming: Air Force vs. BYU


Saturday was the homecoming game for BYU. Once again, homecoming has come and gone...and Spencer still hasn't asked me to the dance. I've been waiting since high school...



Before the game I had my first GRE class. It's been a while since I've been in school, and it was kind of strange. The class ended early, so I walked over to the field and they let me on the sidelines. I hung out with Spencer and the other managers. I kept trying to get them to realize that they needed a team nurse to help the team physicians. So far, they've shown no interest. But I'm gonna keep trying. You can see my battle wound on my forehead from this past week's indoor soccer game. I hold nothing back when I play... I also had a semi-black-eye, but I'm wearing my shades so you can't see it.



The best part was watching my baby work...I love it!


He's so sexy...
He's here with Mick's son, Shawn.

And warming up the running backs.
Looking for me at half-time.



Throwing the football at half-time.

The game was against Air Force and ended in sweet victory: 31-6. The weather was the perfect temperature, however at the end of the game it started to rain really hard. It was still a lot of fun. I watched the first half with Spencer's friends from Idaho, Bush and Kerrie. They drove down to spend a couple of days with us. We went to the Macaroni Grill after the game. I felt bad that they had to visit us while Mia was ovulating....


I watched the second half with Spencer's mission friends Dan, Jordan, Dave, Brooke, and Aaron. Both seats were really good. I got some good pictures.

The game was sold out and the crowd was loud and excited. There were lots of people dressed up, and the crowd did the wave.

This is the marque as the players come onto the field.


The players in the tunnel before running on the field.

The players cheering before the game.


The BYU flags and the players running on the field, with the band. We really miss Mikey playing in the band. I even saw some band members as I was walking to the stadium, they gave a shout out to him...

This is the players doing the Haka warrior dance before the game.


Our defense played really well. We really stepped up in this game. Here we are blocking a kick.


And sacking their quarterback.


Here's a shot from the seats on the north side, where I sat the second half.



Our offense still struggled a little. Max Hall had a few wild throws and got sacked a couple of times. This is when he got hurt and Gaskins played one whole play (his hand is still broken).


This is the last touchdown. You can barely see where the player turned and put the ball in the end-zone.


This is at the end of the game, honoring the military personnel.



And the BYU air force with the cannon. There was also a fly-by at the beginning of the game by a HUGE plane that looked like it was going to run into the stadium. It was kinda freaky.

Naa-na, na-na, Naa-na, Hey, Hey, Hey...Goodbye Air Force. Next stop...New Mexico.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

it's great to see all these pictures. almost like we were there. :)