Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dusk in Orchard Park

We live in a really beautiful area. I am grateful for it every single day. I was scared that we were going to move into a big city and live in an apartment right in the middle of it. But we are away from all of the hustle and bustle. Orchard Park is a small, quiet town. In fact, everything closes by 9 pm. Where we live specifically is really pretty and just perfect for us.

Every night I walk the dogs around the lake. There is something so peaceful and serene about water at dusk. I don't know what it is, but it is almost like the whole world stops. It makes problems seem trivial and makes me very calm. It is my favorite part of the day. I like it best when Spencer is home and we walk together.

While he was home this weekend, I finally took some pictures. They don't do it justice, but I tried. They came out a lot darker than it actually was.

Here's the lake.



Here are some ducks.



This is a dock. People fish here a lot. When there aren't people here, I sometimes dangle my feet in the water.



This is looking across to the other side of the lake.



And this is an area that I like to talk on the phone with Spencer or my family. There are a few rabbits that live here. They hang out with me sometimes.




There are also benches around the lake. I like to go there and read. The area is nostalgic to me. It reminds me of Palasades Lake when I was little. It has brought me a lot of comfort while I have been in this new place alone.

We really got lucky with this place that we chose to live. It is really beautiful. And we have found some friends in some of our neighbors. We barbecue and watch football and the Olympics. We move into our final place in about two weeks and I think that things are going to be alright here.

4 comments:

Mindy H. said...

Beautiful Photos! I hope your move goes smoothly. You guys are so brave to be out there chasing dreams!

Jenny said...

what beautiful photos. i'm so glad you guys can share some of the scenery with us.

Nat said...

SOOOO pretty! That must be so nice to live right by a lake to walk around. I'm glad you're doing well.

Kar said...

Two weeks? Time flies, dude. I was actually thinking of Palisades before you mentioned it, just looking at how still the lake gets at dusk. Reminds me of boating.