Spencer has been in Rochester and I have been in Buffalo. So we have been apart for about a month now. It has been really hard. It is a lot like when we were dating because we dated long distance for over two years. Plus the two years while he was on his mission. We have been fortunate to see each other about once a week, though. So we have been doing alright.
He was here this weekend because the Bills had the weekend off. So we had a date. We ate grilled cheese and Ramen noodles (because we're poor after moving across the whole flippin' country). And then we went to the park next to our house and played Bocce Ball. There are actual courts in the park. Here is the sign with the courts behind it.
Here I am playing.
And Spence playing.
It even has a score-keeper. We found some twigs to use to keep track.
Here is the final play. I won!
And here is the final score, 22-13. It is nice to actually beat Spencer at something.
Being apart has made actual dates a little bit more important. It's nice to go on real dates.
We also bought Madden Football 2009 at the most random place. 7-Eleven! Yeah, it's so weird that they even have it there. And they had it really cheap if you bought a Snickers bar. So we broke down and bought it. We love to play Madden. I especially love it because I kick Spencer's butt at it. It's really funny because he is Mr. Football, and I almost always win. But he is better at Dance Dance Revolution...so it all equals out.
We have both been really busy with our new jobs and settling into the area. We will try to blog more, especially me. I need to back-blog a lot, too. So don't give up on us yet...
I am really grateful for all of the wonderful opportunities that we have had. It has been really hard, especially to be away from my sweetheart for such a long time. But it has also been an awesome experience. What a great chance to really learn and grow. We have grown even closer and we appreciate each other even more than we did before. I think that we are a special couple because of all of the things that we have had to overcome. I know that together we can handle anything that comes our way. Knowing this brings me a lot of peace. I love Spencer more than anything and I am so grateful to be going through life with him. I can't imagine it any other way. We truly were meant to be. And these challenges have made that even more clear.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Our Date
Posted by Beej at 3:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i'm glad you guys have gotten to see each other a little while spence has had training camp.
i've never played bocce. you guys are so cultured. :)
That's so funny that you beat Spencer at the things he loves and/or introduced you to! You guys are cute.
I love that you two hang out so.. actively. You're always out DOING stuff. Ben and I need to take a page from your book and be more like that. You two are like ultra-creative high school girls' choice-like daters. It's awesome.
Post a Comment