My friend Courtney is a Dave Matthews Band fanatic. She goes to as many of their concerts a year. She drives for hours just to see them play. So she called us and asked us if we wanted to go to the concert that was coming to Buffalo. Since we like concerts and I had seen DMB at the SLC Winter Olympics and liked them then, I said yes. And I invited my friend Nancy and her daughter.
The concert was on May 27. We went early and tail-gated. That was a blast! We cooked hotdogs and hamburgers and played tailgate golf and Frisbee and sat around and talked. It was really fun. There were a lot of hippies there. And a lot of pot. The concert is outside at the theme park, Darien Lake.
We went into the concert and just as it was about to start, there was a huge down-pour. It was like we were in a shower. I can't believe how much it was raining. It was a good thing that Spencer and I brought ponchos. It was fun to dance around in the rain and sing along to the songs that we knew.
It was more fun to people-watch. People were so drunk and sitting down and passing out and barfing everywhere. When the rain let up, people were trying to dry out their weed with their lighters and trying to save it and smoke it. It was really funny. Then it would start to rain again.
Nancy and her daughter left really early. Spencer and I left not long afterwards. It just wasn't our type of concert. It was mostly ad. lib. and not a lot of singing. It was mostly instrumental solos. And they didn't play any songs that we knew well. And with the pot, and the throw-up, and the rain, and the smoke...we were just disappointed. So we left early and avoided the traffic jam.
It was fun to go and tailgate and see Courtney in that setting. I felt bad that Nancy and her daughter, Lizzie, hated it so bad. But in the end the tailgating and spending time with Spencer was worth it. We had fun playing in the rain and laughing about the whole experience.
Here is the DMB logo, Spencer got a shirt with this on it.
Here is the lead singer.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Dave Matthews Band Concert
And here is the whole band.
Posted by Beej at 10:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love your stories about drunk people. They're my favorite. Too bad the concert was kind of disappointing. I can't believe how much it rains over there!
DMB rocks. I've heard they're amazing in concert.
Post a Comment