Monday, July 20, 2009

Three Years

I wanted to put the pictures in a different order, but the blogger won't let me.

On June 23, 2006 I married my best friend, Spencer.



We had been best friends for eight years. Best friends that fell madly in love with each other. We couldn't be apart anymore, so I packed up and moved to Utah.

This is my best friend since first grade, Whitney. She helped me with my wedding. She drove up to Idaho every weekend from Logan to help me make plans and arrange flowers and cake and invitations, etc. She is a good friend. And I will love her forever.



I am so happy that we met and fell in love. I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else.



We were sealed for time and eternity in the Mount Timpanogos Temple.




I love that I can kiss him every day just because I can.




I had the support of my family and friends who had to travel to be there on our special day.




Don't I have beautiful sisters?!






On the day that we got married, my dad decided to get up early and try to fix my sink. It was so random that he suddenly thought that the morning of my wedding was the right time to do it. I was freaking out! I was like "Dad! I have to get ready!" And he was like "I'm almost done!" It never got fixed. My dad is so cute and funny like that. He wanted to help. I think that he had some nervous energy, too, and needed somewhere to let it out. But that just wasn't the time or place. It is so funny to think about it now.




Joyce was so excited about us getting married. The minute we got engaged she was so excited to help and to plan. It was cute.



My mom and dad helped so much with the wedding. They spent hours getting the house and yard ready for the reception and planted a million flowers. I remember when Spencer asked my dad for permission to propose to me. He was so scared. I guess that Kar and Lex and my mom saw him at my dad's office and he was nervous and pale and shaking. He is so cute.



This is my grandpa. It meant the world to me that he was at my wedding.



This is my grandpa and grandma. Like I said, it meant so much to have them both there. It wouldn't have been complete without them. I miss my grandma so much...



We are so grateful for the support from our friends and family. So many people drove to be there on that special day. Thank you.



Before we got married, Spencer and I were sitting in the celestial room. We were both so nervous. I just wanted to puke. I was shaking and sweating and nauseous. Spencer said he felt the same. I was just so scared and thinking about how huge this was. Then when we knelt across from each other, it all went away. All I saw was the person I love most in the whole world. I hardly noticed anyone else in the room and I hardly heard a word that was spoken as we were sealed. I just felt so much love and I was just beaming. The feeling was unforgettable.



We began our journey together. Well...and Brady.











We were being bit by mosquitoes in this picture.


This year, we both had to work on our anniversary because of our up-coming trip to Idaho. I got Spencer a small refrigerator for our bedroom. I know that it sounds silly, but he gets up all night long to go get more water from the fridge downstairs because his water is hot and he likes it cold. And we end up with a million water bottles by our bed. This way ONE water bottle will stay cold in the fridge all night. He mentioned that he wanted one once. And I couldn't think of anything else and he didn't want anything else. So we have a fridge by our bed. And he LOVES it!




I was at work and had a really bad day. In the middle of the day, the secretary called me to the front and I had these beautiful flowers waiting for me. I started crying. It had been a really awful day. It meant the world to me that he remembered and did that for me.








That night he gave me some exercise clothes and rollerblades! Just what I wanted!! He is so thoughtful. I can't wait to have Brady pull me on them. I just hope that I survive!



It was a wonderful anniversary. We ordered food and brought it home and ate it and watched movies and went to sleep. Just the kind of celebrating we needed to do because we had to go to work the next day.
It has been a beautiful three years. I am so happy and content with my life. I made a good choice. I love Spencer more than anything else. And I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives and all of eternity together. I love you, babe.

2 comments:

Kar said...

Yeah, Blogger is being a brat about letting me move pictures around, too. Blah on that. Your wedding and reception were so beautiful. It was a great couple of days.

Nat said...

You're so cute! Your wedding was wonderful. And now you're a June bride, just like me! "Oh they say when you marry in June, you're a bride, all your life..."