On May 8, Mikey got back from his mission in Florianopolis, Brazil. We got to talk to him on the phone. I told him that he needed to get busy to be in the 24-hour club like his older brother, Spencer. He said that it was unlikely. I am actually proud that he isn't. We wish that we could have been there to welcome him home, but we couldn't. So instead, I stole pictures from Mindy because I am a photo pirate. Yarrrr matey!
This is Mikey before his mission.
This him coming down the stairs at the airport. He grew another inch! That is crazy to me. And Spencer is jealous.
Mindy decorated the house...
...in U of U colors!! Which is a most grievous sin to Mikey, who is a die-hard BYU fan and likes to go by the name Hawsmo. The BYU cougar mascot is named Cosmo.
He openly expressed his feelings about the decorations.

On June 3, Greg left for his mission in Portugal. He has been doing well in the MTC and is already a district leader. We are so proud of him. And I miss him already.

On June 3, Greg left for his mission in Portugal. He has been doing well in the MTC and is already a district leader. We are so proud of him. And I miss him already.
It has been neat for me to have brothers-in-law that go on missions. Since I don't have any brothers, I never have had to go through that before. It is hard when you can't talk to them or see them for two whole years. I don't know how Joyce has done it five times! I am scared to have to face that as a mother. We love you Greg and miss you and will be praying for you!!
2 comments:
I can't believe Mikey grew a whole inch! Boys grow for the longest time! Girls are done when we're twelve. Spencer's brothers (and sisters) are awfully cute. What a great family to have married into.
They're so cute! And very, very tall. You'll probably have super tall kids, unless they get our dad's family's genes! :)
Post a Comment