Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We're Still Alive

It’s about time that we updated this blog….

We have decided to make a renewed effort to blog more often. Here’s a quick update on what’s going on with us:

Brianna is in the midst of her CRNA graduate program at the University at Buffalo. Four days a week she does her clinical work in the OR putting people to sleep. She goes to class one to two days a week, and then on weekends she has been picking up a couple shifts at Mercy Flight. Needless to say, she’s real busy.

As for me… I’m not so busy nowadays. Usually I would be having mini-camps and OTA’s with the Bills, but with the current lockout I have been given some additional time off. I’ll go into work two to three times a week based on what events we have going on. For example this Friday we are launching our new uniforms.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-to-unveil-new-uniforms-at-Uniform-Launch-event/04ea0376-c126-407d-b9c6-9ab1ce0e9f6e

I finished my MSA graduate degree about a year and a half ago. I am currently in my summer break, but when classes resume in the Fall I will only have three more courses and my capstone project before I’ll be done with my MBA. Earlier this year the Bills signed me to a contract through February 2013.

Brianna will graduate from her program in December 2012. She’s really enjoyed working as a flight nurse for Mercy Flight. The pictures above are of some of the kids she helped save during one of her calls. They came back to visit the base at Mercy Flight to thank the crew that helped rescue them.

Our fifth wedding anniversary is this Thursday and next week we will be traveling to Idaho and Utah to visit family and friends.

Well, that’s about it for a broad overview. Like I said, we’ll be trying to update this blog on a more consistent basis from here on out.

Oh yeah…. Brady and Mia are doing just fine too.

4 comments:

Beej said...

Spencer neglected to mention that my "couple of shifts" of work on the weekends are 24-hour shifts every weekend. I am still working full time....Just so everyone understands why it is that I don't have time to blog.

Kar said...

Thanks for updating, Spence! I'm excited to see you guys.

Karissa said...

My really good friend's husband is in a CRNA program right now too. Sounds brutal... yet you still manage to work full time. Amazing! I'm glad to see an update. Keep them coming!

Jenny said...

Hurray! Welcome back guys! I don't know how you do it - you two have always been the busies couple. That's a great photo of the dogs. I'll have to steal it because the one I have on our board is of a baby Mia. Can't wait to see you both!