Monday, November 3, 2008

God is an artist...

We have had a beautiful autumn here in western New York. I love deciduous trees. I always have. I dreamed of living on the east coast when I was a little girl because they had so many deciduous trees. And now here I am...missing home. Being close to my family is totally worth living with pine trees.

The thing that I love about deciduous trees is that they are gorgeous in all the stages of their life. Seriously. They are beautiful in the spring when they have pussy willows and as they get those tiny baby leaves. They are pretty in the summer and provide shade and a jungle gym and forts (I was the QUEEN of forts as a child....I still am.) And in the fall they burst into color that even Crayola cannot hope to capture. They are even pretty in the winter with their elegant silhouette against the snow, full of hope and the promise of another warm season.

This fall has been particularly beautiful. We live next to a lake and a park full of trees, and I have dogs that I walk. So I have been enjoying the cool weather and exquisite scenery. I love the quiet, crisp air and the crunching of leaves underfoot. And there is nothing prettier than a tree that looks like it is on fire because the leaves are so red. So here are some pictures that I have taken around our house and also some thoughts.




God is definitely an artist. I mean, just look around. He has made some amazing pieces. And look at how other artists attempt to copy his works. It is unbelievable.



When I am at work, I am amazed at how the body works. The human body is truly a masterpiece. The body is a perfect example of using science as art.




God has played a huge role in our lives. I was at a job when we first moved here that was horrible. It ended up not working out and I was really upset about it. However, my other job ended up working out and I LOVE it. I seriously love my job. I love the people that I work with so dang much. They are smart, and helpful, and NICE! They are so nice and have welcomed me with open arms. We have so much fun at work. I had forgotten that work could be that way. I am so happy. I was cuddling with Spencer the other night and I just looked at him and told him that how happy I am. I am really content. How awesome is that?! God has really been looking out for us. When we were planning to move here I was really scared. And when we first got here I just wasn't sure and cried a lot. But it has worked out beautifully. It was meant to be.



Spencer's job and school have been working out really well, too. He has been busy, but has been enjoying it. He has had a lot of great opportunities and is doing well in school. I am really excited for him and for his future. I am so proud of him. The people at his work and school really like him. The Bills plan to keep him for next year and then after that...we will see where we are in life.




The dogs seem to be happy, too. I feel bad because they don't have a yard anymore. But I think in some ways, they like it better because we are forced to take them on walks. I also feel bad because we are so busy that we aren't with them during the day, but we play with them at night and they still have each other. They really do seem happy (especially now that Mia is no longer in heat). It is also nice that we have a lot of space in our house for them to romp around in.




Did I mention that I only work day shifts now?? I am so completely happy about that. I am so lucky because there are people that have been waiting for two years for a day shift position. I also work in two units that I adore. I am less tired and don't get nauseated from lack of sleep. I don't have to work with bitti's and I have work with friends! I love having a normal schedule. God has really helped me out.




I love where we live. It is away from the city and the ghetto. I feel safe and it is so pretty! Again, this was a huge blessing! Since we didn't come check it out before, we sure did luck out.




Mia got sick for a few days this past week. It was really hard because we have carpet and she kept making messes. It was not fun to clean up. I think that she is doing better now. We think that it might have been some type of worm that the ducks or geese carry in their poop. It also could have been c. diff. Either way, she is doing better. I'm glad that I have some medical knowledge to help her out. It was kind of cute because I had to give her the BRAT diet. I made her rice every day. It was kind of like having a sick child. Poor baby. I am so grateful that she is better and I am grateful to Spencer. He is the best! He is so good at helping me out. It is hard because I am gone everyday all day. He is the biggest sweetheart and helps with the dogs, even when it is gross. And he helps clean dishes and do laundry. I don't know what I would do without him. What a great guy!



I have two really great friends, Lindsay and Nancy. Nancy was my preceptor when I started working at my hospital. Lindsay is one of my co-workers. They both live close to me. Spencer and I have had to share a car since we moved here, which is quite difficult (needless to say). Nancy and Lindsay have been the sweetest people. They have let me get rides with them to and from work. I haven't been able to actually car-pool with them because I don't have a car to drive them to work. I feel like such a mooch. But they have been so nice about it. I am so thankful to God for sending them to me. They have also been a great support to me, especially when I was all alone while Spencer was at camp. They are awesome friends and have been so giving.



We also have had some neighbors in our apartment complex that have been good friends. Eric and Michelle who have two cute little boys. And Jeff who has two grown kids that are at college. They have us over to watch football and hockey. They have also been generous with their friendship.



I have also made friends at our church. I have a great visiting teaching companion, Maurie Elle. She is really nice and good about getting me to get my visiting teaching done. It's nice to have someone looking out for you.



So yeah. God has been very good to us. I know that he has always lead me to the places that I am supposed to be. I never really know why I am supposed to be where he sends me, but it has always worked out. My life is one of God's masterpieces. It is definitely a work in progress. But it's getting there. I want my family and friends to know that things are going well for us. We are super busy and don't blog very often, and we are sorry. But know that we are very happy and content. Our only complaint is that we need another car, which we hope to get in the next couple of weeks. We also miss you all very much and hope to see you soon.

3 comments:

Nat said...

I'm glad things are going so well for you now! And those pictures are breathtaking! It was so good to get an update and to hear how things are. I'm glad that you've made friends and that you love your job; those are both so important in life, especially since you're so far away from family right now. YAY for you guys!

Kar said...

Oh, Brianna, this kind of contentedness is something I have been praying for for you for a couple of years. Utah was such a hard period in your life; I'm so glad things are working out. They always do. And you are a freakin' good photographer! It makes me want to live out there. And look at you! Making tons of friends... I need to remember how to make friends and work harder at it.

Jenny said...

i'm so glad that things are working out so well for you guys! thanks for the update.