Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bills Christmas Party

Before Christmas, we received a mysterious package. We opened it up to find a giant chocolate football. It is the size of an official NFL football.





Inside was an assortment of chocolate coins and buffalo chocolates.




We also went to the Buffalo Bills Christmas Party. It was held at the stadium in Jim Kelly's Club House. It was really fancy. There was valet parking and lots of lights and decorations. Everyone was all dressed up. There was a huge buffet laid out with caviar and shrimp and fillet mignon. Our favorite things were the chocolate covered strawberries and cheesecake. There was also a bar and we ordered our Roy Rogers and Shirley Temples. Spencer's co-workers actually have some on-going jokes about how he needs to be careful how many "drinks" he has (of Pepsi or Coke) and that he may not be able to drive home. They also joke about his Mormon coffee, which is hot chocolate.

It was funny to see some of the players dancing and having a good time with the music. We didn't stay for very long. I kind of felt out of place, but it was a surprisingly good time.

I am really grateful that Spencer has had this wonderful opportunity. It has been a lot of fun and just a neat experience. Go Bills!!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Wow, you've been quite the blogetty-blogster lately! But I love it. I like hearing about all your stories and adventures in "New Yawk". We didn't go to Pete's work party this year, because last year it was really awkward-he doesn't really work with the people that employ him. But I'm glad you guys had an okay time.

Kar said...

I think it's so great, what a good example Spence is to his coworkers. Maybe someday they will be interested in the church because of him. And how fun to go to a really fancy party! What did you wear?