Since we moved to New York about six months ago, we have been getting by with just one car. This was a challenge because we both work almost every day and we work in different places. We did pretty good at it, though. I found a couple of friends at work that would let me mooch rides with them to work. They have been so sweet and understanding about it. I would pay them gas money and I promised them to drive when we got a new car.
We had planned to get a car in October, but it didn't turn out that way. We started looking at cars and prices and how much it would cost per month. We kept going back and forth on if we would need four-wheel-drive or not. We didn't know what to expect with the winters here. We had heard horror stories and we had also heard that it wasn't that bad. We were also nervous about monthly payments. We wanted to make sure that we could afford the car that we bought easily.
So, for about two and a half months we searched for the perfect car. We finally decided on the Toyota RAV-4. We bought it December 11. Just in time. The next two weeks it snowed like crazy. Four-wheel-drive was a good choice. We love our new car. I named her Betty.
3 comments:
Oooh! Cute! I love it. Hey, sorry I didn't call you back the other day; I'm a slacker. I hope you had a happy New Year.
pictures of the new car, AND pictures of you and spencer! awesome. :) i'm glad you like the new car. it looks great.
Good work on blogging!! Hooray!!! Beautiful car. I always wanted a RAV 4. Did I ever tell you that? When they first came out, I was very into them. Still am. I'm glad you have a four-wheel drive. They are very important in climates like ours.
Post a Comment