Sunday, January 27, 2008

St. Louis, MO

On our flight back, we weren't nearly as lucky as on our flights to D.C. We had to just sit in our one seat. I also had to sit next to a lady that hit me really hard in the elbow with the seat belt and then didn't say sorry or ANYTHING! She was really rude. Then she put up the arm rest between us. It made me really uncomfortable. I don't know. I kind of like that separator. It makes me feel like we each have our own designated space. So through the whole flight, she kept inching closer and closer to me with her bottom. I was so annoyed. She also had her over sized bag under our feet the whole time. It was so wide that it wouldn't fit under the seat in front of her. So she had it immediately below BOTH of our feet. And to top it all off, she farted the whole entire flight. Gross.

In the middle of the flight, they announced overhead that they needed medical personnel at the back of the plane...any nurses or doctors, etc. So I got up to answer the call, and she got really, really mad that she had to let me out of my seat. It ended up being nothing, just someone got light-headed and almost passed out. They just sat down. But the flight attendants freaked out. When I go back there, a guy was like "I'm a doctor. Get out of the way!" It turns out that he is a psychiatrist. Yeah. He didn't even know how to take blood pressure correctly. I just wanted to laugh my face off. Instead I just walked away. I told them to get me if they needed any help. Like I said, the guy was fine. He just sat down and then drank juice and got "checked out" by the "doctor" and went back to his seat. Then I had to get back into my seat and go past that rude lady again. She got all upset that I had to disturb her book reading time TWICE. I was like "whatever."

We also had drunks sitting right behind us. When they came on the plane, you could smell the alcohol. The immediately ordered Bloody Mary's. And then they went on for about an hour about how appalled they were that there was no salt or pepper on the plane. They just couldn't believe it. I just wanted them to shut up. And when the whole "medical emergency" happened, one of the drunks was like "I'm a doctor. I need to go help." The flight attendant told him that they had it all under control. He kept freaking out and saying how he felt like he should help. And I was just thinking how no one would want a drunk beyond reason doctor to help them. He finally got over it and they all passed out and drooled all over each other.

So this was not a fun flight. Our layover was in St. Louis. Spencer took some cool sunset pictures. He was smart and sat in the window seat so he didn't have to sit by any strangers. Anyways, these are the sunset pictures that he took.











2 comments:

Kar said...

Those stories are so funny. I was laughing so hard when you first told me about it on the phone. People are interesting.

Jenny said...

what a yucky flight. sorry.

great pictures, though.