Saturday, January 26, 2008

The White House

Spencer was very specific about what things in DC he wanted to see. One of them was the White House. I had a hard time explaining to him that he wanted to see the back of the White House because it is more famous. He didn't really understand. So we went to the front on Pennsylvania Avenue. That wasn't what he wanted to see. So we walked all the way around the block to the back side where the White House is curvy and there is a fountain. You can't get as close as in movies because it is all blocked off with tons of security. So we didn't get a very good picture. Plus, it was at night. But this is what we got.


















Here is Spencer. Doesn't he look happy?









And here we are. I couldn't take the cold anymore, so I bought a hat earlier that day. We were lucky that a lady came by to take our picture. Her son was REALLY excited to be there and tried to get in the picture with us. It was funny. Awkward, but funny.




Here's a better picture.




Front




verses


Back

3 comments:

Beej said...

I guess that there is a fountain in the front AND back...

Jenny said...

it would be really cool to visit the capitol and to see all things things that you and moose got to see. thanks for sharing the pictures!

Kar said...

I never, ever knew that the rounder part was the backside! You learn something new every day.