While we were in Washington D.C. for Brianna's graduate school interview at George Washington University, we decided to see some of the sites since Spencer had never been there before. It was freaking cold and we aren't the biggest fans of museums, so we didn't go to many. But here's what we did do...
Washington Monument. It is a tall, "white" tower. At night, there are red lights inside of the pyramid part at the top. Spencer said that it looked like a KKK member with glowing red eyes. He is such a little boy... And he decided to pose with the monument coming out of his head.
In this picture, you can see the monument with the Capitol Building on the right and on the bottom/left you can see the World War II monument.
Here I am in front of the World War II Monument. Did I mention that it was freezing?? It was bitter cold with a stinging wind. I think that I got some wind burn while I was there. The high was around 15 degrees and the low was -20 degrees. Brrrrr....
Here is Spence in front of the Reflection Pool. It's empty and dirty. It was funny to hear all of the younger people talk about the pool's importance in reference to Forrest Gump.
Again, here is the monument and the reflection pool.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Washington Monument
Posted by Beej at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it's so cool that you guys go places. thanks for posting pics. :)
I love that Spencer thought the monument looked like a KKK member with glowing eyes. So funny!!
Post a Comment