One of the sites that we saw on day one was Green River. This is a postcard of it. It was nighttime when we drove through it, but I was still excited. I played a game called Oregon Trail when I was little (as I am sure that many of you did). I liked the old version so much that my parents got me a new version when I was older (Lex, you know what I'm talkin' about). Anyways, as we have been driving, I keep seeing some of the stops that was on Oregon trail. It's like we are playing the game in reverse! Except we don't get to do the hunting game. I will keep mentioning this throughout this trip. So...
On Day One: We saw Soda Springs, Green River and Fort Laramie.
Yesterday, after saying our goodbyes, we started our journey together across the country. We didn't leave until 6 pm, but we made it pretty far. We made our way across Wyoming. We stopped in Rawlins.
Here are some pictures on the road.
Here is Mia. She likes to lay on the floor of the back seat and put her head on the elbow rest.
There was some road construction (of course) along the way. There was one place that we had to wait for a "pilot car" to guide us around the construction site. This isn't a very good picture, but we thought that it was funny.
This is where we drove today...through the plains of Wyoming.
Here is Brady marking his territory.
Still marking...and able to look around at the same time!
At one of the stops we saw a baby red hawk. The guy who worked at the stop said that the mother hawk was still feeding it. He said that if it didn't take flight soon, that he would call the wildlife people. So I quit worrying.
Spencer hit a bird while we were driving! It made me really sad. I have never hit an animal before. In fact, I once swerved to avoid hitting a rattle snake. I have a tender heart...
Several years ago, the girls in my family went on a trip with Cheryl and her daughter to California. It was fun, but stressful because my mom had to leave early to be with my grandma. She started the tradition of making categories of things that everyone responds to. It helps add to the journaling of the trip. We have since continued this tradition. So Here It Goes!!
Day One:
Worst
Spencer: Bug bites when we got out of the car to take pictures.
Brianna: Freezing in the car. We had to keep it super cold to keep the dogs from freaking out. Therefore, I was freezing.
Saddest
Spencer: Saying goodbye to my family.
Brianna: Saying goodbyes, having anxiety about moving, and not being able to say goodbye to my grandpa. I love him dearly and I missed him at the luncheon.
Best
Spencer: Soft bed at Holiday Inn
Brianna: The warm bath at Holiday Inn after freezing to death in the car. Also, having a nice place to stay that allows dogs.
Favorite City
Spencer: Lava Hot Springs
Brianna: Green River with the big tall rocky thing and the tunnel you drive through
Scariest
Spencer: Driving on the curvy highway in the dark.
Brianna: Being afraid of being shot when we stopped at a shady place with board on the windows because I had to pee.
Something else that was funny was that when we stopped once there were some horses and cows. Mia hates livestock. I mean, they make her go crazy. She just barks and barks and wants to chase them. So it was funny to see her freak out at them. It was not so funny when she ruined Spencer's car door to try to get at them once, though.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Consider Wyoming Marked
Posted by Beej at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so glad you posted already! I'm so sad about you guys leaving. I'm just kind of stunned, still. That's funny that Brady looks around while peeing.
YAY for baren Wyoming! And thanks for posting!
so glad you guys were able to post. i hope your trip continures to go smoothly. i think mindy has hit multiple animals/birds while driving, so spencer comes by it naturally. still sad, though.
we're missing you guys!
Yeah! You guys are alive! We miss you already...are you sure you don't want to come back?
Hey, I'm glad you posted more, plus saddest, best, scariest, etc. categories. It's a good idea to do that stuff on blogs!! It really is the best way to remember a trip.
Post a Comment