Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa...Marked.

I spent an hour and a half adding information to this post and it disappeared. So I will up-date it later. We don't have time....




























































































We decided to let the dogs join in on the thing were we have categories about the day.

Day Two

Saddest
Bri: Brady having an anxiety attack in the car this morning.
Moose: As we were passing through Omaha we thought about Dave and Brooke (because they are moving here for law school this fall). It made me miss Dave and it was sad to know that we wouldn't be able to hang out for a while.
Brady: Not being able to pee on the Welcome to Iowa sign.
Mia: Not getting the cow. And getting faked out by dad.

Favorite Site
Bri: Big Springs. It's like on Oregon Trail!
Moose: The College World Series Stadium in Omaha.
Brady: Cabella's headquarters.
Mia: Buffalo Bill Ranch. There were lots of cows...

Best
Bri: Not driving and not having to feel guilty because Spencer actually would RATHER drive.
Moose: The drive not seeming long. I was dreading this drive and expected it to be terrible. But I was surprised. It has actually been very pleasant and fun. It went really quick and we covered a lot of ground.
Brady: The intermittent "blowouts" when we put all of the windows down in order to blow out all of my shedding hair. I love when the windows are down. It helps with my anxiety. And it feels good in my face.
Mia: Being spoiled by dad. He lets me put my head up in the front and he won't let Brady. I love being daddy's little girl.

Scariest
Bri: When we had to pull back on the freeway after stopping to take a picture on the border. I call it "the suicide on-ramp."
Moose: The huge Jesus statue. Or else the purple mist.
Brady: The storm and possible tornado.
Mia: The firecrackers that someone set off at a gas station.

Worst
Bri: Spencer being grouchy about the dogs freaking out.
Moose: Picking up my phone and finding it covered in dog slobber.
Brady: The heat, being in the car all day, and my severe anxiety attack.
Mia: The humidity.

Funniest
Bri: What Spencer called the part of Nebraska that sticks out on the west side.
Moose: Me mooing and making Mia freak out.
Brady: "My exit."
Mia: Brady being high from the drugs mom gave him.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

looks like brady found his spot on moose's shoulder. :)

i hope you're able to keep posting. this is great!

Nat said...

So. Much. Driving.

I'm glad you did the Cheryl journal thing. It helps you remember so much more about the trip.

Becky said...

I love the sunset pictures. Very pretty.

Mindy H. said...

Ok, so at first I was really sad that you guys were moving so far away, but now I am kind of jealous of the adventure you are on! Drive safe and keep us posted. Love ya!

Kar said...

Ooooh, those clouds look like they could produce...TORNADOES!!! Ahhhh!! I would freak out, just driving across the midwest (is that what they call it?), because of my fear of tornadoes. I'm such a nerd. Beautiful sunsets. They remind me of Field of Dreams - the sunsets amid the fields of corn...