We've officially been in New York for a week now!
Brianna has started working at Mercy Hospital. She's working on a Telemetry unit in a travel assignment. This will help keep her busy while I am away at camp. It's different from the unit she worked on in Utah, but she's adjusting well. Monday she'll start orientation to work at her permanent job at Erie County Medical Center in the trauma ICU.
A couple of days ago I started with the Bills. We've been packing all of the teams stuff and transporting it out to Rochester for training camp next week. Starting Thursday of next week I'll be in Rochester for about a month. To look at the bills training camp schedule and information you can click:
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/TrainingCamp.jsp
The other day we drove into downtown Buffalo to check everything out. Here are some of the pictures we took:
This is where Brianna is working now, Mercy Hospital. It looks really old on the outside, but the inside really isn't that bad.
Here's the parking structure:
This is the Erie County Medical Center. Brianna will be starting here Monday. I think she's excited to be able to do trauma again. And definitely excited to be in the ICU and have only 2 patients.
This is one of the buildings at Canisius College where I will be going to school at the end of August.
Here I am looking at a map of campus to try to find my way around.
Here is Canisius's campus. It's pretty cool. It's really open and has lots of old buildings and lots of catholic statues.
Below are a couple of pictures of the University at Buffalo. This is where Brianna will go to start her graduate degree.
On the porch of the apartment we have a nest with some baby robins. We think that they just hatched the day we got here. On the first post we did from New York they looked like little slime covered membranes. They're still pretty ugly, but at least they have feathers now. This one was watching us as we moved in our stuff.
This is the water tower of the town we live in, Orchard Park. It's a really small town just south of Buffalo. We really like it here. There are so many trees and lakes that it seems like you're living in a park.
This is where we are living right now. We like the place a lot, but we'll probably be moving into a town house in the same complex at the beginning of September, so for right now all of our stuff is still in boxes.
Mia has learned to be an inside dog. She can even play fetch now.
Brady's too sophisticated for fetch. He enjoys reading poetry.
Hopefully we'll be able to post more often now that our Internet is up and running. I'll probably be taking the computer with me to Rochester so I can blog from training camp.
We miss all of our friends and family, but we're doing really well and getting adjusted to the New York life style.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
One week in Buffalo
Posted by Moose at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That picture of Brady is so funny! Gosh, we miss you so much. I'm glad you have each other to lean on while you're so far away from everyone. I love all the old-looking buildings. They don't make 'em like they used to.
Man, you guys are going to have so much freaking fun out there! I LOVE old buildings; my favorite building on USU campus was Old Main, and it was built in 1870 or something. It was so cool! And you guys are so cool! Maybe I'll have to become a sports fanatic so we can spot Spencer on the sidelines like we used to on BYU games.
i'm so glad you posted. it's great to see pictures of all these places. that picture of brady is priceless. how did you get him to leave those on for a picture? i'll have to show the boys. they'll be so confused. :)
hope brianna's new jobs go well and that training camp is awesome and has the minimum amount of swearing possible. :)
Poetry, huh? I would have pegged Brady as a Hemmingway fan..........
max wants to know if brady is wearing glasses because he's a grandpa now. :)
wow! I just found your blog on a friends of a friends blog, so i thought i say hello.
That is great you guys are living in NY now...congrats on Brianna's new job and you both going to school. That is awesome.
Looks like you guys had a fun trip getting there. Congrats again and hope all is well.
marci
I'm glad you guys made it there safely. It looks so pretty out there. Good luck with school and your new jobs!
Post a Comment