Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our Neighbors

These are the baby birds on our porch. They have gotten really big and got some feathers. There are three of them and they don't fit very well. One is looking at me. And the one in the front has it's eyes closed tight.



And here is the momma bird keeping watch. She's a good mom. And we try to keep out of her way so that she can feed them and so that she doesn't worry.

3 comments:

Kar said...

That's so cute! I'm glad she chose your porch to build her nest on, instead of someone less bird-friendly. :)

Nat said...

How fun! I think I would be the scared type, though, because I wouldn't want to get attacked by the mom, and I'd move the nest away from my front porch. But they're so cute! Oh, and I just re-looked at your pics from outside your apartment, and how cool is it that there's a lake in front of your place? So awesome.

Jenny said...

we had birds in a tree right outside our condo. it was neat to watch them grow up.