On Saturday this last weekend, my parents came down to stay in Salt Lake and go skiing. My sister came, too. We went out to eat at Benihana the night before. If you haven't had this experience, I totally recommend it. It is a tepanyaki style meal where they cook the food in front of you. It is very good Japanese food. They have the best fried rice in the whole world. It is entertaining and delicious.
They stayed at our house on Friday night. The next morning, we went to Deer Valley to ski. It was a lot of fun. It was snowy and kind of cold, which we didn't expect because it is March and supposed to be spring skiing, but we still had a blast! We skied really hard. We stopped once to get some food and warm up. It was a touch icy at the top and the light got flat near the end of the day so it was hard to see the powder patches and be prepared for it. We had a lot of fun, though. We got a little silly. We just did a half a day because between my mom's knees, my sister's knees, and my knees...we just couldn't last more than that. Again, it was a lot of fun.
After that, my sister had to go up to Idaho Falls. My parents stayed at the Little America in downtown Salt Lake so that we could swim. We swam and sat in the hot tub to feel better after a hard day of skiing. Spencer came up to join us and swim. After that we ate dinner at the Little America restaurant. We were so tired that we slept through church again. We are bad Mormons. Church at 8:30 am is a bad idea, especially after daylight savings. We slept in and then met my parents for breakfast and to say goodbye.
Thanks mom and dad for an awesome weekend!! We really, really appreciate it. Thank you for all of the food and for taking us skiing and for staying at the hotel so we could swim. We had so much fun with you guys. I wish that we could do it more often.
Here is a picture of someone skiing at Deer Valley. It is a huge mountain and a great place to ski.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Deer Valley
Posted by Beej at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
sounds like fun! well, not so much the cold part. :) but the family, swimming, hotel, and dinner that someone else makes sounds nice. :)
What fun! I love Benihana! And I wish I wasn't so out of shape for skiing. Before I go again I need to get in shape, get new boots (mine are too small now), and new ski pants. Yikes!
Thank you Beej & Spence for being such good sports and for letting us stay with you. I loved the week-end and being with you cute kids! We're gonna miss you when you're gone.
Thank you Beej & Spence for being such good sports and for letting us stay with you. I loved the week-end and being with you cute kids! We're gonna miss you when you're gone.
Sounds like you had a fun time with your family! Whenever you are in IF we need to atleast get together to say "HI!"
I'm kind of glad that I'm preggars, because if I tried to keep up with you whippersnappers, I would die! Nat and I were just dying the last time we went!! Having kids screws you up big-time. I'm jealous that you had a ski day, though. I don't know if I've ever been to Deer Valley.
Post a Comment