Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Day of Spring

Today is the first day of Spring!! It started out really cold and really windy and rainy/slushy. Then it suddenly became very sunny and warm. I was at work so I couldn't enjoy it at all. I love spring. It is one of my favorite seasons. I love pussy willows and crocuses. I changed the background of our blog to celebrate spring. The flower kind of looked like a crocus. They are one of my favorite flowers because they signify the beginning of spring. They are the first flower to poke out of the snow. When I was little I would watch for them to come out because that meant that spring was on its way. It was exciting to me to come home from school and see them in bloom. I also got excited when the first leaves would show on the quaky aspen trees.

Here are some crocus pictures. Aren't they pretty?!?









Anyways, happy spring to everyone!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

happy spring! i've been watching our neighbor's crocus plants getting ready to bloom. i think they're almost ready. :)

Anonymous said...

don't have crocuses, but my tulips and daffadils are peeking up. I'm so ready for spring and so sick of winter!

Kar said...

Hey, look! Mom commented on your blog! Hooray!! Dude, I have crocuses, and I didn't even know it! It's been miserably cold and windy here, and they are bravely standing strong. It really made me excited to see them poking out.

Nat said...

Hey, you got spammed! (The comment above mine-at least I think it's spam-I'm not gonna click to find out though!) I'm waiting for my tulips to come up. And I can't wait until it's warmer and my fam can start going on walks and stuff. I'd say ride our bikes, but me on a bike right now would be REALLY funny!