The title is copying Seinfeld's quote: "It's a Festivus Miracle!"
So last night, I get a call from Spencer at ten minutes to seven. He tells me to hurry and get ready because we were going to a party at Dan and Jordan's house that started at seven. I was like "Thanks, Spence, for the advanced warning." We had talked about a St. Patrick's party on Sunday when we had our get together for March Madness, but Dan had tickets to the Jazz game, so I didn't think that it would happen. I think that perhaps he could tell my disappointment.
Well, Dan is so cute and sweet, that he gave up his Jazz tickets to his dad and grandpa. And he cooked a real Irish meal for his friends and put together a last minute St. Patrick's Day Party. It was awesome!! I had so much fun.
I got there late because Spencer didn't tell me sooner or text me or leave me a message. I felt really bad. But I got there as fast as possible. So Dan, Jordan, Spencer, and I sat down for a home-cooked Irish meal. It was really good! We had corned beef and colcannon, which is mashed potatoes with cabbage in it. It was really good. We also had bread and cream soda and root beer in bottles. We topped it all off with mint chocolate chip ice cream (it's green).
We played poker (Texas-Hold-Em) and watched the Jazz game on their big HD tv. Then we watched a movie called No Country For Old Men. It was good, but the bad guy was really freaky. I didn't completely get the point of it, but it was exciting.
Our friends Dave and Brooke couldn't make it, and they were missed. I hope that they still had a great holiday, though.
All in all, I had a great St. Patty's. I even won in Poker! I never win, especially with Spencer playing. He wins everything. Thank you Dan and Jordan for helping us to celebrate. It was really great. On my way home last night, I was really sad about not being able to hang out with you guys anymore. I was really depressed. I have just loved hanging out with you guys and getting to know you. I even wish that we lived closer so that it was easier to hang out. I will desperately miss you guys. I think that we should try to hang out a lot before we all move away. And thanks, Jordan, for the book. It was sweet of you to remember our conversation and to offer that to me. You are too thoughtful!! Love you guys!
These are pictures from the movie.



3 comments:
I'm so glad that you got a St. Patty's party! Sounds like it was fun.
Oh, I wish No Country for Old Men wasn't rated-R. It feels like I never see the movies that win for Best Picture.
sounds like an awesome party. i made the kids green pancakes. does that count as a party? :)
Post a Comment