Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Heart Moose

I was tagged to do this a while ago. So here it is now.




WHAT IS HIS NAME: Spencer Larry, aka Moose

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER? That is a tricky question. We have a complicated history. I guess since 4th of July weekend in 2004 when we went on our first date after his mission. Neither of us has kissed anyone else since then, but we weren't officially together until that fall. We'll have been married 2 years on June 23.

HOW OLD IS HE: Just turned 25.

WHO EATS MORE: Me. Yeah, I'm a porker. And Spence has a stomach condition and I have a fat condition.

WHO SAID "I LOVE YOU" first: Technically, I said it first. Clear back in high school. I sure didn't get it in return. I got something about how he didn't want to be serious right now and how he is like the Simon and Garfunkel song "I am a rock." He had gotten his heart broken by a girl. I'm still mad at her for hurting my sweetheart. After we got together post-mission...I think that he said it first...via e-mail. It went something like "I'm really mad because I think that I've fallen in love with you." It's kind of like that song "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows. This came a few weeks after I presented the idea of being in a long-distance relationship and he said no.

WHO IS TALLER: Spence. He is the perfect height, about 5 foot 11.
WHO SINGS BETTER: I like to sing, Spencer doesn't. He won't sing in church when I'm there. He says that I sing too loud. Kind of embarrassing. But I really think that he sings better. I love his voice. It is my favorite thing in the world to eavesdrop on him singing. I especially love when he is brave and sings for me. It melts my heart.

WHO IS SMARTER: Spencer. He is just naturally smart. I have to work at it. I think that I might be more smart when it comes to everyday practical stuff and figuring things out. But Spence is definitely more book smart. He also works really hard at school. He is a perfectionist and OCD. So he is a really good student.

WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY: It's about half and half. We kind of do our own laundry and offer to do each others while we are at it. I think that Spence probably does it more because I have a LOT of underwear and socks, thus I can hold out longer than he can. Plus I just wear scrubs and pajamas everyday. I have a lot of both of those things.

WHO DOES THE DISHES: Spencer, because I cook. That's the trade-off. Whoever cooks doesn't have to pray or do dishes. I'd much rather cook!
WHO PAYS THE BILLS: Me. I make the money and pay the bills. My baby goes to school and cleans the house.
WHO MOWS THE LAWN: Umm...we have a little yard and no lawn mower. So really neither of us do. My dad gave me his old weed-wacker. And we did that once together. I pick up the dog poop, though. Does that count?

WHO COOKS DINNER: Me. Not very often. We eat out a lot. We're trying to get better, but our life is really hectic. Spencer makes the sack lunches.
WHO DRIVES WHEN YOU ARE TOGETHER: Spencer most of the time. I am usually tired and the last thing that I want to do is drive. Plus, it stresses him out when I drive because I am aggressive. However, he prefers me to drive when there is a lot of traffic because I do better in traffic. I commuted in Phoenix for 5 years and I commute in Salt Lake City now with crazy Utah drivers. I'm pretty good.

WHO IS MORE STUBBORN? I think we are gonna have to call that a draw. We are both very stubborn. I swear that man won't back down to me even if he agrees with me. It drives me crazy! I guess that that is better than one of us walking all over the other one, though...right?

WHO PROPOSED: Spencer, technically. The summer before I got frustrated and asked him if we were going to date forever or what?! Spencer proposed to me at the Mesa Temple in Arizona on January 3, 2006 in the morning. It was a total surprise. He was going to do it in the evening on January 2, but I surprised him with Fiesta Bowl tickets, so we were at the game. The next morning we were supposed to go meet some friends and I was really, really mad at him for making me get up early in the morning and drive clear off the freeway to meet them at the temple. I kept saying that we should meet somewhere else. I didn't even have time to get ready or look nice that morning. He had to pretend like he couldn't get a hold of his friend to change meeting locations. I was really mad. Then he said that they weren't in their car so we would have to look around the temple grounds for them. That made me even madder. I was looking fast and furiously for them. Then Spencer said that they were off on the grass. Then I saw that there was a blanket with flowers under a tree laid out. It hit me suddenly. I was like, oh. Then I was really embarrassed. I tried to make him not do it right then because I wasn't ready and I felt ugly and I felt bad that I was so mad. But he pulled me over and proposed. He was so nervous that he was shaking. It was really cute. Of course I said yes. We cuddled under the tree on the blanket for a while. It was really romantic. He chose the Mesa temple because one time when he was down visiting me we went there. We were walking around hand-in-hand and he was expressing to me how much I meant to him and how much he loved me. I didn't let him finish because I have ADHD and got distracted by "ORANGE TREES!" He said that he never got to finish what he was saying that day, so he wanted to do it right and in the same place.

WHO IS MORE SENSITIVE: It's a close call, but I'm gonna have to say that I am.
WHO HAS MORE FRIENDS: Spencer. His friends from college and his mission are here. Plus he is better at keeping up with his friends than I am.
WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS: Spencer. He has five, I have three.
WHO WEARS THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY: It's a tie. I think that maybe we share the pants. Or maybe we just fight over them??

2 comments:

Kar said...

Poor Spencie! He's always trying to do romantic stuff for you, and you are always (accidentally) wrecking it!! Bless his heart for still trying to surprise you with romantic stuff. What a sweetheart.

Jenny said...

love your wedding pictures. you two are so dang good looking. :)

it's fun to read about you guys. thanks for doing this. :)