Valentine's Day was kind of crazy for us this year. The night before Valentines Day, there was a huge snow storm. I was supposed to work, but the snow storm was so bad that Spencer and I got snowed in. I couldn't ever get to work. And Spencer was planning to go out shopping to get me something for Valentine's Day. Well, it just didn't work out. It was pretty crazy. I felt really bad that I couldn't get to work. I just felt guilty for putting them in that situation.
However, it was really romantic to be snowed in. We cuddled and made hot chocolate. It was really sweet. A surprising night that we got to spend together. In fact, Spencer couldn't even get to school the next day because of the roads. So we slept in together.
For Spencer's birthday, I had gotten him Guitar Hero. I had seen people playing it and it is really popular. I guess that it is similar to DDR (one of our favorites) so I thought that we could try it. Well, it was a hit. We both really like it. So for Valentine's Day I got Spencer a second guitar so that we could play together and compete like in DDR. It has been a lot of fun and something that we can do together.
On the Friday after Valentine's Day, I had to got to work. Near the end of work, I got a special delivery... An orchid plant!! Orchids are one of my favorite flowers. I just love them. They are very dear to my heart because my Grandpa got me one when he took me on a date when I was little. I had my grandma and grandpa wear them at my wedding. It was also one of my wedding flowers for decoration. I have pictures of them on my wall and some fake ones in the house. I was thrilled. I just love them. And it felt really good to know that he knew that I loved them. I also love getting flowers at work (and school when I was little). It sounds awful, but it's nice to have other people see that someone loves you and is thinking about you and thinks that you are special. I know that all of you women out there feel the same way...don't try to deny it.
On the way home, Spencer called me. He actually asked me if I got something at work. I didn't want to thank him on the phone so I pretended like I didn't. This was a BAD idea. I guess that I didn't think that he would outright ask me if I got the flowers that he sent. I just thought that he wouldn't. So when he did, he caught me off-guard. And like I said, I wanted to thank him in person.
When he thought that I hadn't received them, he freaked out! He started calling the florist, who was of course closed and would be until Tuesday because of President's Day Weekend. Spencer was freaking out. He made me call work and see if the flowers had gotten there late or to the wrong place or something. I felt really bad.
When he got home, I was scared to break the news to him. I finally told him and gave him and hug and kiss and thanked him. He was relieved but mad that I had done that. I couldn't help but laugh. It was really cute how concerned he was and how important it was to him to do that for me and how distraught he was that his plan hadn't worked out. I just thought it was adorable and I wrapped my arms around him and laughed and loved him. I apologized profusely. However, I did remind him about his April Fool's joke a few years back when he told me that the temple that we were getting married in was going to be closed on our wedding and that we would have to get married in the Provo temple instead. And this was after all of the invitations were printed and everything. Oh, I was mad at him for that one. You don't mess with a girl about her wedding. Not a funny joke at all. So I didn't feel too bad. I guess that maybe we are even.
Spencer asked me if they were the right flowers and if they looked alright. I told him that they were beautiful and brought them out of hiding. He said that he didn't like them. He said that they freaked him out and that it was too tall. It just made me laugh. He said that it looked like the flowers from the Sprite sublymonal message commercial. Here is a link to a website where you can see the video of what he is talking about:
http://www.duncans.tv/2006/sublymonal-sprite
It's the sublymonal greenhouse one. Really look at it. I think it's funny.
Here are some pictures of my beautiful flowers:
A few days later. A patient got the exact same plant (except my blooms were bigger) in the same pot and everything. One of the nurses asked me if it was mine and that I kept it at work and kept moving it from each side of the unit to show off. I laughed and said no, that it belonged to the patient. It was funny.





4 comments:
What fun! Your orchid plant is beautiful. Dude, we just bought DDR-you'd better work on your skills, because we're calling you out next time you're up/we're down! None of this Guitar Hero stuff.
Congrats on DDR. You really need to try Guitar Hero, though. And you already kick my trash. I give up. You win. I suck.
Dude, the first picture totally looks like a Georgia O'Keefe painting. It's almost too perfect to be real!! Yeah, Nat already killed all of us. Now she's going to practice all the time and win every single time...kind of like how YOU win every time we play Bitter Nertz! I need to find something that I will win every single time. I'm the one that sucks!!
what a sweetie that spencer is. :) the flowers are so pretty.
Post a Comment