Monday, May 11, 2009

Comerica Park

We woke up at sunrise and got this picture of the river. Then we went back to sleep. I still had a lot of Benedryl in my system.




We rode the "People Mover" to the game. We then got this picture outside of the stadium. It took a few tries. I had bad instincts during this trip and had asked a man with one-arm to take our picture. I didn't notice that he only had one arm when I asked him. The next guy we asked didn't even take a picture. The next two people we asked didn't get our faces or didn't get the sign. We finally got this one.


We really like Comerica Park. They have lots of statues of tigers. Our high school mascot was the tigers, so we both have an affinity for tigers. Not as much as Homely...
This picture reminded me of Brady with his ball.



It has scratches from claws on the side, too.











There are fountains above the General Motors sign that go off when the Tigers get runs.


Here you can see the city in the background. We like the stadiums that use the city as the back drop.






You can see our hotel in this picture.


Here is the field with the logo. We got Spencer a hat with an orange logo.







There was a guy in front of us that ate the peanuts whole.

The Tigers won 4-3.







You can see Ford Field in this picture.
Ford Field is where the Detroit Lions play. The Lions are Greg's favorite football team.





We walked back to the hotel. We walked past Greektown.



Then we got our car and left Detroit. As we were leaving, we had to take a construction detour to get on the freeway. I wanted a picture of the blue bridge. We were near Mexicotown and 8 Mile and I told Spencer to pose like he was holding a gun and saying "Thug Life!" He said no because he was busy driving. All of a sudden I heard some loud noises. At first I thought that it was a car backfiring. But then, right in front of us at the intersection we saw two cars of people shooting at each other! They were out of the car and ducking and shooting at each other. I was freaking out. I told Spencer to hurry and get out of there! We turned and tried to get on the freeway. Then they jumped into their Escalade and drove next to us. I thought that they were gonna come after us because we were witnesses. Then we got on the on-ramp to the freeway and they kept driving straight on the road. We high-tailed it out of there! I kept saying "I can't believe that that just happened!" We decided that we would never, ever live in Detroit. Detroit is listed as the first through third most dangerous city in America, depending on which list you are using. And I believe it. I experienced it first hand.



We then drove to Cincinnati. Our GPS girl is out to kill us, I swear. She took us into a couple of other shady neighborhoods. It was like Eagle-eye style.

2 comments:

Kar said...

Hahaha, like Eagle Eye! That's funny. I cannot believe you saw a shootout. I'm so glad you didn't get hurt. How scary! I'm never going to Detroit!!

Nat said...

Dude, I read the sentence that said "when the Tigers get runs", and I thought of the RUNS. I had to read that a couple of times. And oh, my gosh! I can't believe that you saw people shooting at each other! I've heard that about Detroit, that it's really scary. I'm glad that you're okay.