Monday, May 11, 2009

Great American Ball Park

We used Hotwire to reserve our hotels. We were nervous about it at first because we had never used it. But it worked out well for us. We got four star hotels for cheaper than one star hotels.

We stayed in the Cincinnatian Hotel. The valets wore top hats and coats with tails. It was cute. Our balcony went out to the lobby where there was someone playing music on the piano. It was nice. We ordered room service and got some delicious banana bread pudding. I took another bubble bath and took more Benedryl to aid my itching. We both put on lotion because Spencer had gotten sun burned.



Here's a picture from our balcony.



This is a picture of our room's balcony.



The next morning we put on sunscreen and walked to the Great American Ball Park. The downtown area of Cincinnati is really nice and has a good, safe feel to it. We liked it a lot.



Here we are out front.



These are the statues in front of the park.






Here is the city.



This is the logo. My dad's favorite team as a child was the Reds, so I kept thinking about him.



We got some really good seats from a guy that Spencer works with, named Gary. We were really close and got to watch batting practice.



Here I am in our seats from the edge of the field.



This is the dug out.




Here is Spencer by the field during batting practice.



During the game they had Bingo card that you could mark off spots for different plays. It was really fun, and we almost won.


The hot dogs here were weird because they tasted like hamburgers.


We really like the mascot. He looks like a crazy Italian to me.



The ball park looks kind of like a steam boat and is right on the Ohio River.



This pitcher had a complete game. He did really well.



This guy's name is Encarnacion and I kept thinking of Nacho Libre when he sings the song for the girl and says this name over and over.



We saw an amazing double play and a triple play! It was awesome! The reds won 2-0. A foul ball came by us and some jerks got it and wouldn't give it to the kids. They kept it! We booed them, and it really made me mad.
When the Reds got a run and when they won, they would blow the steamboat whistle and shoot fireworks from the two towers.



Here is the Ohio River with steamboats on it.


This is a cool looking building. I thought of my brother-in-law, Ben.



You can see Kentucky in the background on the other side of the river.



This is Paul Brown Stadium where the Cincinnati Bengals play.



We walked back to the hotel and then we drove to Pittsburgh. As we drove to Pittsburgh, we drove through a tiny corner of West Virginia. We listened to the song by John Denver "West Virginia Mountain Mama." My mom always sings this song. So I called her. This was Easter Sunday. The weather was nice. We didn't do anything traditional, but we had fun.

2 comments:

Kar said...

So have you ever tried the laundry detergent, Dreft? That's what you're supposed to use for newborns, because their skin is so sensitive. Maybe you should try it... What a cool field. I love how it looked like a steamboat.

Nat said...

What a cool trip! And what's Hotwire? Hmmm, maybe I'll have to figure that out-Pete and I want to go to Vegas soon-ish. And I love that slanty curvy building. How cool!