Our GPS is good at getting us to a specific address, but it is not very good at finding places to eat or get fuel. We wanted to eat at Steak and Shake and it didn't say there was one for a couple hundred miles, but then we saw one at the next exit. So we went to eat there on our way to Pittsburgh. There were some crazy drivers in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. But we still managed to make it to our hotel.
We stayed at a nice hotel in Pittsburgh. However, the people who worked there didn't believe that we were actually going to stay there. We must have looked like white trash or something because they treated us like we weren't good enough to stay there. We didn't have many bags, so we refused to use the bell hop and I think that that made them mad.
We ordered pizza and called our families to wish them a Happy Easter. Then we watched the Milwaukee baseball game that we almost went to.
Here are some pictures from our hotel window.
The next morning the forecast was cold and rainy. So we got a lot of jackets and walked to the baseball park. This included walking across the bridge in this picture.
The thing about Pittsburgh is that everything seems to be either black or yellow, just like the city's team colors.
Here is Spencer by the river with the stadium in the background.
This is PNC Park.
Here are pictures by the statues outside.


We went to the season home opener of the Pittsburgh Pirates. We got free hats.
Here's our picture out front.
I have always really like pirates. And this experience made me embrace my inner pirette. I love pirates!!
While we were walking around we saw some of the players right next to us, so I hurried and got some pictures.
We like this stadium a lot. We love that the city is in the background.
Three police officers had died during the previous week, so there was a ceremony for them and the flags were at half mast. And McClouth got the gold glove.
Because it was opening day, there were a lot of people there that didn't care about the game. It was very distracting.
I really like how they cut the grass at this ball park. It looks like sun rays.
They refer to the Pirates as Bucco's. This reminded me of my dad because that is what he calls me sometimes. I never made the connection of Bucco being a Buccaneer.
I loved the cartoon pirate. He was really funny.
We saw two home runs and a whole bunch of almost home runs. The Pirates won 7-0. We are good luck. At the games that we go go, whichever team is the home team, wins.

I liked the pirates so much, that I bought a whole bunch of Pirate gear. It's great!

5 comments:
I love that you called yourself a "pirette". So cute! And I love that yellow bridge. How fun!
This post reminded me of my friend Patty from Pittsburgh. She calls it "The Burgh." I'm going to have to send her a link to this post - she'll get a kick out of it.
Oh. And I forgot to tell you that I loved this post. I love your descriptions of people. They are seriously as good and as funny as descriptions of people in some fictional books. If I ever write a book and need descriptions of random people, you're the girl I'll call. :)
And that deleted comment was by me. I typed Patty's last name, and then went, oops, no last names, Kar!! So that's why.
Post a Comment