Friday, August 27, 2010

The Gorge, September 2009

Last fall, I went on a little hike with my friend Cortney. Since there are no mountains here, the hikes are backwards. You hike down first. This is The Gorge. You hike down to the Niagara River and then walk along it. And then hike back up. These pictures are by the whirlpool which is downstream from Niagara Falls.

Here is Cortney. She is one of my best friends in Buffalo. We met at orientation for the hospital that I work at, ECMC. She works night shift in the trauma unit. We don't really work together much because I work days, but we make time to go out to dinner and shop and so on. She is a really good friend. And isn't she gorgeous?! Such a skinny little thing.



And here is me in all of my frumpy glory.



I have been very lucky to find good friends in the places that I have lived.

1 comments:

Kar said...

Don't even. You are not allowed to say that you are frumpy, because it is soooooo not true. You're like a size zero, missy. And you're right; your hair was really red back then. I can see it in the sun in that pic.