My mom came to visit last summer. It was a lot of fun. She had to sleep on the bed in the living room because that is where it was after Spencer's surgery, but it is cooler on the main floor anyways.
We went to the church sites in Palmyra. It is a really neat experience to go there with family. It was pretty busy though because people take vacations in the summer and also because the Hill Cumorah pageant was going on.
This is us in front of the Palmyra temple. I love the stained glass windows. They have trees like the ones in the Sacred Grove.
I love my mom. It was really fun to have her come visit.
There is a lot of Mormon merchandise during the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Or what Pete would call Priestcraft. I thought that this guy was funny with his sign and sombrero.
There is a trail to hike to the top of the Hill Cumorah. Along the trail there was a place that looked like something had been dug up and then recovered.... Mom did this funny picture next to the place that we think the Gold Plates were buried. She is being sacrilegious with her arm up like the angel Moroni.
Or is this where the plates were buried?! (It is the fake rock for the pageant.)
This is a picture from the top of the hill. The stage is all set up. And those are chairs on the grass. We got really good seats saved because we were there early that day. The stage is really neat. It makes the production really awesome to watch. It has a lot of pyrotechnics and spraying water and lights. It is neat.
1 comments:
I love that you're posting more! Hooray!! I wish I could come visit you. Someday, Beads... you mark my words.
Post a Comment