My sister, Karlenn, has a beautiful tree in her backyard. It is old and huge and makes lots of leaves to rake up and jump in. Again, I stole these pictures from her blog, you can check it out for more pix.
This is my nephew Dylan.
And my niece, Sadie. She doesn't think that it's fun being thrown in the leaves.
Now, these are the throw-back pictures. When we were little, we would help my mom take care of my great-grandma Watt's backyard and house. My great-grandma loved her garden, and when she was older, she was wheelchair bound and couldn't keep it up anymore. Well, my mom absolutely loved her grandma. They had a really close bond. So she would do her yard work so that she could have the garden that she loved. Yeah, my mother is a really amazing woman. She has so much love for her family. I have learned a lot from her and I admire her with all of my heart. I sometimes get inpatient with her, like I do with everyone...which is a personal flaw of mine...but I love her very much. Mama, I really do love you and I'm sorry for any heartache I've ever given you. You have a beautiful heart and soul. I'm really grateful and proud that I get to call you my mom.
Anyways, she had a big tree, too. And we used to rake up the leaves and jump in them. She lived on 17th street in Idaho Falls in a cute little white house. The house is still there. The street changed a lot over the years that my great-grandma lived there. This is my sister, Karlenn, jumping.
And this is three the four girls. Alexis was just a baby and couldn't do it at this point. She would stay in the house and play while great-grandma Watts watched her.
This is me jumping in. I was a cute little kid. I was very "yellow" (from the color code theory) as a child. I was very happy and carefree and played in my own world. I've become quite red since then, but every once in a while you'll still see the yellow.
Karlenn, Natalie, and me playing in the leaves. Natalie is the "strawberry-blonde", Karlenn is the dark brunette, and I'm the dirty-blonde entertaining myself.
This is one more Halloween picture. I copied my sister's idea to put in an old picture. This is me one year for Halloween. I was a clown. I didn't want to be a clown so I was crying. I wanted to be a princess like I was every other year of my whole life. Karlenn was a clown that year, too. And she was mad because she didn't want to have to bring me along trick-or-treating. I was that annoying little sister. That was the other reason I was crying. But I make such a cute sad clown...








1 comments:
Wow, I was a huge jerk. Sorry I was being mean about not wanting to take you trick-or-treating (why didn't Dad want to take you?). I don't remember that at all, typically. And I'm excited you put the other pictures from jumping in leaves. I only had the two pictures that I put on my blog, so I'm going to add your pictures to mine on my blog.
Post a Comment