This year, Spencer and I spent Halloween at the Riggs' house. I spent the morning trying to keep my kidney pain under control (I had surgery with stent placement for kidney stones last Saturday and the stents are causing excruciating pain and bladder/ureter spasms). I also did some work around the house. Then this afternoon, I met up with Spencer before practice and then went over to the Riggs' home to hang out with my nephews for the holiday. Plus, I owed them two more jack-o-lantern carvings. I got right to work because it took me so long last time to do just one (which is shriveled and molded by now anyways...). Bently was a huge help. He chose the vampire going in to suck on a girl's neck (perhaps some underlying Freudian something or other??? he tells me that he likes girls....). It looks really neat and was easier than the spider that I had done previously (see the bottom of this page and also look at Jenny's blog: Snakes, Snails, and Puppy-dog Tails). Bently was good at supervising and keeping the dogs away. Here is his pumpkin...
Then Max and Jonah agreed that the other pumpkin should be a witch. Jonah was also convinced that I should be a good witch for Halloween. And Bently decided that Spencer should be the Grim Reaper (he even used his voice of darkness and doom). This pumpkin took a little bit longer to carve because the pieces were so thin. In fact, the kids started trick-or-treating before I could finish. I still managed to get it done by 7:30, though. Here it is in all it's glory....
Jenny and John were nice enough to buy us some Mexican food for dinner. It was soooo good! Thanks to you both. It was so nice of you to do that. I felt bad for John, he had to stay home from work with a cold.
After dinner and jack-o-lantern carving, Spencer and I answered the door for trick-or-treaters and handed out candy. Our dogs were in the back yard going crazy because they could hear all of the kids and excitement. While we answered the door, John, Jenny, Bently, Max, Jonah, and Ruby went trick-or-treating together. John went as a "dad" and Jenny went as a "cowgirl" according to Bently.
Bently went as a knight...
Maxwell went as a Red Power Ranger...
Jonah didn't want his picture taken and Spencer had to chase him around the house and Jenny had to hold him hostage...
Jonah went as a Red "Go Go" Power Ranger, too...
And I was a "good" witch, although I think that I looked more like a leper because I chemically burned my face and it was like a giant scab. I think that the kids chose this one for me because I look like a witch with my frizzy hair and crooked nose and acne (kinda like warts)...
Spencer looked more like a zombie than the grim reaper.... He has been so very busy and exhausted. It breaks my heart to see how tired he is. I wish that I could help him out in some way. I love him more than anything. So please pray for my sweetie just to make it through each day, and then through the semester...
This is the spider carving I did earlier. I know....it looks like a scorpion...
This is me cleaning out the pumpkin and the kids (Jonah, Maxwell, and Mia) watching because they don't like to touch the goo...
This is me carving clear into the night. It serves me right for being a perfectionist. Mia is the only one who stayed by my side through the whole ordeal...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO EVERYONE!!
p.s. please send copies of pictures....








1 comments:
You and I must be related, carving pumpkins for hours and hours. I cannot believe you did so many hard ones in a row! I do one hard one per year, and the rest are junky. But this year I didn't do any hard ones at all. Bentley looks so much like Jake to me. Jenny and her blonde little boys...so cute. I don't know how she can handle having so many boys. I only have one boy, and he is almost more than I can bear!!
Post a Comment