Wednesday, November 21, 2007

BYU vs. Wyoming




This past weekend we played Wyoming in Laramie. The trip to Laramie is usually the worst because it is always cold and the fans are usually pretty mean spirited. This year's trip, however, wasn't so bad. The weather was actually pleasant and the stadium put a ban on alcohol, so the fans were pretty "normal" was well.






On Thursday night we flew into Denver and then we drove to Cheyenne for the night. The next morning we drove over to Laramie to do the stadium set up. The team flew straight to Cheyenne so we didn't see them until they arrived at the stadium.








Here is a couple of pictures of barrel man. He's an icon in Laramie. He comes to the games in a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, suspenders, a barrel, and nothing else. Regardless of the temperature he's always wearing (or not wearing) the same thing.



The game went well. We had a couple of injuries but nothing too serious. We ended up winning the game 35-10. With the win we clinch at least a tie of the Mountain West Conference title. This week is the Holy War vs. Utah...

2 comments:

Kar said...

Wow, it seems that a lot of opposing teams' fans are pretty antagonistic toward BYU. That's too bad. And that barrel guy is crazy. If it's as cold in Wyoming as it is here, I'm surprised he doesn't get frostbite.

Shari Davis said...

Hi Brianna. This is Ben Davis's wife, Shari. I love your blog, and thanks for your sweet comments on ours. Ben has always had very good things to say about you. I am from Wyoming, and I know how awful the fans there can be, so it's a good thing they banned alcohol. Crazy Wyomingites!!!! :) I was sad to see that they lost, but that's great for BYU. I'm not really an avid Wyoming fan (though I do like to see them win), but I have cousins and uncles who are! They're crazy! Everything is brown and gold with them!