Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Poor Mama Mia

The days are drawing closer to Mia's due date... However, when we had the x-ray done, the puppies' skeletons weren't very mineralized, so she might not deliver until somewhere in the last week of November instead of Thanksgiving weekend. I guess that only time will tell. I just feel so bad for her. Her belly is getting huge and she doesn't like to move and she hates going up and down stairs. She is starting to get sway-backed and I just feel so bad for her.

This is Brady cuddling with mom on dad on a lazy morning. Yeah, both dogs are on top of me. The funny thing about that is that we were reading something about the Samoyed breed, and it said that they were used in Siberia and the dogs would sleep on top of their owners to keep them warm at night. Maybe it's instinct...I don't know...



This is poor Mia. She likes to lay on her side. I'm sure that that is the most comfortable position for her and her big belly full of babies.



This is my little Mia laying on top of me. She is such a little princess sometimes.



Since Mia has been pregnant, she has gotten a lot more affectionate and likes to lick even MORE than she did before. She has become a lot more vocal. She likes to do a noise that sounds like a cross between a coo and a howl. She kind-of copied it from Brady's morning stretch noise (which sounds more like a growl and a howl combined...).

2 comments:

Jenny said...

those are great pictures of the dogs. i feel bad for mia, too. she must be getting pretty miserable. on the other hand, at least she's not miserable for nine months. :)

Kar said...

Your dogs are so dang gorgeous. I feel bad for Mia, too. That is so interesting about the Samoyed breed laying on top of their owners to keep them warm. Pretty sweet.