Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Birthday for a Moose

Spence has his birthday about a month ago. Yep, I'm the worst blogger ever, so I am posting about it now.

I felt bad because we both had to work that day. I had planned a bunch of things and they kind of fell through. So we went out to dinner an Italian restaurant called Ilio DiPaolos. It was made by an Italian who wrestled in the 1950's. The food is pretty good. But the best part, was the cannoli's. They were the best ones that I have ever had. And Spencer says that they were the best ones he has had in America.

Then we came home. I had made him a yellow cake, per his request. I'm not very good with decorative frosting. But I tried.

He made a wish and blew out the candles. I got him a hockey jersey and tickets to two Sabres games for that week.

It was a quiet birthday, but there was more to come.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Nice job on the cake, Beads! You did a good job on the writing. And yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my favorite kind. (P.S. Ben and Jerry's has a new flavor - yellow cake batter flavor with chocolate frosting swirled in. It is to die for. You and Spence should try it sometime. It's the reason that I'm losing the Biggest Loser competition that our family is doing right now.)

Beej said...

We totally already have that ice cream in our freezer right now! It's way good!!

Jenny said...

the cake looks great!
want to decorate jonah's for me? ;)