I have always wanted to share skiing with Spencer so that we would have a winter activity to do together. I tried taking him once, but it wasn't a very good experience. So we decided that we would both try snowboarding. Spencer took me snowboarding for my birthday.
It was a really snowy day at Kissing Bridge ski resort. We got a lesson together. It was alright when we were just going down a tiny part of the hill and hiking back up. But the rope-tow was another story. It was the old-fashioned rope-tow, not like the fancy kind you stand on at Targhee. It was like flashing back to being three or four again and trying to hold that stupid rope and keep it from sucking your hands down to the ground. It was so hard to keep from getting tangled or falling and holding everybody up or making the rope-tow stop. I would just hurry out of the way so they wouldn't have to stop it. It was really hard.
Going down wasn't too bad, as long as you stayed straight. Anytime we tried to turn, we would fall. We got really good and going straight and fast and then falling at the bottom.
The thing about snowboarding for me, is that you have to twist your knee into anatomically incorrect positions. My knee didn't like it at all. I feel bad because I guess that the only thing I said all day is that my knee hurt. However, my hands stayed super warm thanks to my new gloves from my parents. In fact, they were so hot that I took them off once and a while to cool them off. Thanks mom and dad for my awesome Christmas present. It is great for the weather here in Buffalo.
Here's some pictures.
The evil rope-tow.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Brianna's Birthday
We ate some food at the lodge and then went home. We put in a good 5-6 hours of trying, though. I was proud of us. We both got hurt. My knee was shot and Spencer swore he broke his rib. When we got home we were both very tired and didn't feel like doing much except sleeping. Spencer got me a red velvet cake. I had been craving red velvet.

Spencer also got me a GPS system. Out here in Buffalo there are no mountains. So I can't tell which way is north/south. Therefore, I get lost often. The streets here are really confusing, too. So Spencer got me the GPS to help me out when I need it. It also works in Canada. This is nice because we are so close to Canada. The GPS also finds nearby restaurants, gas stations, and other important places. We are excited to use it for mini-trips this summer.
He also got me a couple of really cute tee-shirts. It was an exhausting birthday. It was harder than others that I've had, though. I really feel like I am getting old. It's tough.
Posted by Beej at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ugh, I HATE the rope tow! I always fall with it, and then the scrambling out of the way...yeah, good times! Dude, you are so NOT old-I'm going to be 30 this year. Now THAT'S old!
You two can just shut up about how "old" you're getting!! Thirty-two, my little ones. THIRTY-TWO. That's what I'm facing in just one month. Anywho... good for you for trying snowboarding. That was very open-minded of you. (I wouldn't even go there!) I'm sorry you hurt your knee. Has it gotten better since then? I hurt my knee last night, um, just sitting around. No joke. It feels sprained. Like I said, OLD.
look at all that snow! i'm so glad that it's almost spring.
your cake looks yummy. i hope you had a nice birthday!
Post a Comment