Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Niagara Falls

Spencer and I hate going out to dinner on Valentines Day because it is always crowded and crazy and you always have to wait forever, even when you have reservations. So we have decided to go out to dinner either the weekend before or the weekend after, when it is not so stressful.

This year we decided to go to Niagara Falls. We went to a brunch buffet at the Round Room in the Skylon Tower. Niagara Falls is only half an hour away from us, and we had never gone.

Here is the Skylon Tower.



The restaurant is in the top.



Our seats were right next to the window overlooking the falls.



The food was okay, and the view was great.



Niagara Falls from our table.



After brunch, we went out to the viewing area. I like the view from our table better. It was warmer and there wasn't a metal fence in the way. We didn't stay there long. Just enough for my glamor picture.



Then we walked down by the falls.

There was a couple of rainbows from the mist. And something about the area was making everyone's hair stand up like during a lightning storm.












This is overlooking the edge on the side of the falls.

They really are powerful.


We stopped at a gift shop as we were leaving because we were looking for Kinder Eggs. There was a couple of Moose outside that looked like they were up to no good.




I am excited to go in the summer time. It will be neat to go on the boat. I'm really excited to take my parents and Greg there if they visit.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Oooh, you've been a busy blogger! YAY! Niagara falls is so pretty! That's awesome that you got to go eat in the Space Needle Part 2. I've heard that Niagara Falls recedes 3 feet or something every year because of the amount of water rushing over it. Is that true?

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that we can go there with you guys this summer, too.

Kar said...

Oooh, how neat you got to do that! Niagara Falls reminds me of Superman. I think Superman 3 or 4 or something was set there. Was he honeymooning with Lois? Maybe. Anyways, and I love your coat. What a fantastic view for your brunch. Very cool.

Liz said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!