This year for Valentines Day, we went to Niagara Falls the weekend before (as previously posted). On the official Valentines Day, I had to work. I car-pool with my friends Lindsay and Nancy. That day I was just driving Nancy. After work, we came out to the car to find that someone had secretly stopped by.
I knew the minute that I saw something in the car that Spencer had done something. In my seat was a bag of socks, candy, and a cute stuffed Samoyed. In Nancy's seat, was some Roche candy. Isn't he cute to think of my friend Nancy?! She was so impressed that he drove all the way up there just to do that and thought it was sweet that he took the thought to remember her. She is recently divorced and her kids were away for that weekend. The good thing is that she was going out to dinner with some other girls from work. In fact, Nancy invited me to go, I said that I would but I have a feeling that Spencer will have a surprise dinner or something at home.
I told Nancy that I was actually not that surprised about him stopping by the car and leaving gifts for both of us. I said, "Yeah. That's something that he would do. That's just how he is." And I couldn't stop smiling. I love him so much and he is so sweet and thoughtful.
This was my package. I love cute socks, by the way. And he wrote me a beautiful card. That meant the most to me of the whole thing.
When I got home, I walked in to a candle-lit dinner. Spencer had made pasta, bought some bread and mozzarella, red roses, and he made a CD of songs that remind him of me that was playing in the background. It was so sweet. And so nice to come home to after work. My heart just melted. We had dinner and I was completely twitterpated. I love that I still get that after so many years of being together. After dinner, Spencer brought out some canoli's from Ileo De Palo's. They are so good.
After dinner, I finished opening my package from the car. It included St. Patrick's Day socks, so I was really excited. Then Spencer opened his Valentines present. I got him socks and candy (that was the agreement this year, socks and candy) and I added some basketball shorts to sleep in because he needed another pair, and they were cheap at Target.
These are my beautiful roses. I told Spencer not to spend a lot of money on flowers because they all die anyways. Aren't these pretty for grocery store roses?
After Spencer opened his package, he said that he had one more present. He pulled out a wrapped box about the size of a jewelry box. I kind of got mad at him because we had promised each other that we wouldn't spend a lot of money on each other. He just smiled and said that it wasn't a lot of money. I didn't believe him. But I opened it anyways. And this is what I found inside...
You can't really see it in this picture. But when I opened that, I started crying. To understand, I will have to take you back about five or six months...
Last fall, I was getting into the shower. Normally I just set my wedding band on the counter and then put it back on when I get out. On this day, I decided that I should be more careful. So I put my ring on Spencer's ring holder. It's a glass thing that has a part in the middle that holds rings. Anyways, I get out of the shower and get ready. I can't remember where we were going, but Spencer told me to hurry. He grabbed his wedding ring off of the ring holder while I finished putting on shoes and socks. At the last minute I remembered to go get my ring, so I went to get it and it wasn't there. I started freaking out. I looked around and couldn't find it. Spencer told me to hurry. So I went out to the car and told him I couldn't find my ring. He didn't seem to worried. Then I got mad because I thought that maybe he took the ring to teach me a lesson about being careful with it or something. I kept asking him if he did this, and he said no.
When I realized that my wedding band, my most precious and irreplaceable ring might be lost forever, I started crying. When we came home we both looked for it for a few hours. And over the next few weeks we kept looking for it. I was certain that I had put it on the ring holder. And I thought that maybe when Spencer went to get his ring that he somehow partially grabbed my ring and flung it somewhere in the room. We searched and searched for that ring and didn't find it.
After a month or two, I was so upset about not having it, that I bought a similar one on-line. It wasn't exactly the same but it was kinda close. I was just trying to move on.
So on Valentines Day, I opened up the box to find my real wedding band. Like I said, I burst into tears. It meant so much to me. That was the ring that Spencer bought for me in Hawaii on our honeymoon to have as a wedding band to wear everyday. It is a symbol of our love and commitment. It is the most valuable possession that I own. I can't even say how much it meant to me.
Spencer told me that he found it a couple of weeks earlier and decided to do this plan. He is so good at keeping surprises, the little stinker.
This was easily the best Valentine Day of my life. It was so beautiful with the music and food and flowers and of course my ring. We danced for a while and then watched a romantic movie.
This is a picture of the stuffed toy Samoyed that Spencer got me. It's been lots of fun.
The dogs are enamored by it.
I think that they think that it is a real dog.
Brady tries to sniff it like a dog. But if you pick it up and try to show it to him, he runs away like he did from the puppies.
Mia tries to pick it up and take it away. I don't know if she thinks it's one of her puppies and she want to take it and lick it or what.
Here they are sniffing and trying to figure it out. I won't let them play with it, though. I don't want them to ruin it.
Silly puppies.
I hope everyone had a great Valentines. Sorry I blog so late afterwards...
4 comments:
What a cute romantic day! Spencer is so thoughtful. I'm glad you found your real ring; I would die if I lost mine!
Hey, you've got me beat - I still haven't blogged about my Valentine's Day yet. I need to call you. Maybe on my lunch break today... Anyways, what a good hubs Spencer is. And where did he find the ring???
love the photos of the dogs looking at the stuffed one. too funny.
what a sweet guy spencer is. who knew? jk. :)
He found it behind the entertainment system in our bedroom. He found it right before the Super Bowl while I was at work.
Post a Comment