Sunday, March 22, 2009

White Trash

We are coming out of the closet. It is official. We are white trash.


Last night, we went to a Buffalo Bandits game. They are the lacrosse team for Buffalo. They are the defending champions for the NLL for 2008. Go Buffalo! At least one of our city's teams does well...

Regardless, I totally fell in love with it. I had so much fun!! They play up-beat music the whole game. And there is a lot of crowd interaction. They have lots of cheers and the fans are fanatics. I have never seen so much dressing up and absolute enthusiasm for a team since IFHS and Emotion Bowl. It was awesome!!

This is the logo. The mascot is a raccoon named Rax. I am excited to go again. I want to get a big orange cowboy hat, black jersey, wear dark eyeshadow, and purple contacts.



These are some pictures of people in the big orange cowboy hat.


Here are a few of the fans. Seriously, almost everyone was dressed up with just as much fervor.




Here is a player. They wear lots of pads for protection, and they need it! Seriously, they just sit and hit each other with a stick the entire game.


This is a picture of the goalie. It is one of Spencer's favorite things because they wear a LOT more padding than anyone else, so they look huge. It's like those sumo wrestling suites that you can put on and wrestle in at fairs and malls, etc. It is especially funny when they run in their ginormous suites.




Here is a picture of the crowd. Homely would fit right in.



My favorite cheer was for when people on the other team went into the penalty box:

B-O-X!
B-O-X!
To the BOX, to the BOX
To the BOX, BOX, BOX!
WOOOooo!

So much flippin' fun.




I forgot our camera, so these next few pictures are from my phone, they aren't very good.



We had the best seats in the house. They play in the same arena as the Sabres do. We sat in the expensive section, right in the middle. It was perfect. The best part...the seats were free! Thanks to the Buffalo Bills and Woody.



One of the best parts was the fights. It is similar to hockey, except because they aren't on skates and have less padding, they seem to land more punches. It was awesome!! Those American Indian players are fiery.



My favorite players are Brandon Francis (he's a fighter) and John Tavares. The cool thing about the players is because they don't get paid very much they all have other jobs. John Tavares is a junior high math teacher. Cool, huh? He has a daughter named Brianne and he is the best player in the league. He is also in his forties. Go Tavares! I love that these guys love the game so much that they play it even though they get beat up and don't really get paid for it. Talk about passion.




You won't even believe how much fun this experience is until you've tried it.
The Buffalo Bandits won 14-4 and they gained a new fanatic. Go Bandits!! WOOOooo!
We failed another part of the white trash test. We love professional lacrosse. So we are poor, white trash and we embrace it. Now the final test my my white trashiness is if I love NASCAR live.... Then I will be beyond hope.

2 comments:

Nat said...

I thought lacrosse was supposed to be the rich man's sport, too. Like croquet, or polo. It looks like a fun game to watch.

Jo-Dan said...

Beej...when I see pictures of you at a monster truck rally, that is when I will start believing you are a little WT...